There is a volunteer sign-up sheet above the classroom sink. In the blue volunteer tray (by Friday Folder crate) are some instructions of general things to do (e.g., sorting Friday Folder papers, copying, etc.) and sometimes special prep task (e.g., cutting laminate, assembling journals, etc.)
Family members of the students are a great resource for our learning. We love it when you can help out the class. There are many ways you can help us--donate materials, prep things from home, and certainly volunteer your time during class! Of course, the best thing you can do for your child's learning is to be involved in their learning/schooling. Listed below are the times we can use help and jobs for the class:
- Room Parent—be the liaison for H&SC
- Yearbook—assemble class photos for yearbook page (year-long)
- Meet the Masters—lead 3 art projects in the school year.
- Copies—make photo copies (any day and time)
- Take Home Book bags—check-in and check-out book bags (Fridays)
- Homework–check-in homework and distribute next week’s homework (Fridays)
- Friday Folder—sort and distribute school and class papers (Thursday p.m. or Friday a.m.)
- Pencil sharpener--keep our kids writing; a few days each week before or after school.
- Prep—do prep work for regular and special projects (any day and/or can take-home)